Launched in 2017, the RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to extend their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
already a LICENSEe?
Access the Silver Swans teacher resources.
Silver Swans® classes are aimed at over-55s and delivered by qualified dance professionals, licensed to deliver branded Silver Swans ballet classes. They have been developed in response to a growing and discerning mature market, drawing on the RAD's own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
Silver Swans Licensee Training
Prior to September 2018, Silver Swans ran as a pilot in the UK, USA and Australia, while we prepared for a global rollout later in the year. There are now over 400 Licensees across the UK, USA and Australia who are delivering Silver Swans branded ballet classes to the over 55s.
In order to become a Silver Swans Licensee, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans Licensee Training sessions. Eligibility criteria for these sessions are as follows. You must:
- hold RAD Registered Teacher status, or
- an Intermediate ballet qualification or equivalent; Plus a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4, or can show evidence of ballet teaching experience in professional contexts
Try our quick guide to checking your application eligibility.
What Will Silver Swans Licensee Training Cost Me?
You will pay a fee for your training - the cost of a Silver Swans Licensee Training workshop is $200 for RAD Registered Teachers.
RAD registered teachers: No license fee will be required
- Non RAD registered teachers: The annual license fee for 2018/19 is set at £120. This will be pro-rated one-twelfth of the annual license fee, commencing the calendar month following your Silver Swans Licensee Training session
- RAD Full and Affiliate members will receive a 50% discount on this fee.
SILVER SWANS LICENSEE TRAINING Sessions
- Toronto (August 28, 2019)
Important: In future, if you are not an RAD Registered Teacher before you sign up for one of the above workshops, you must first complete the pre-verification form to confirm your eligibility. This form can be submitted at any time throughout the year but must be by the deadlines as specified on the form if you are interested in taking part in a specific workshop. Failure to submit a fully completed application may delay your application’s approval. Your application will be reviewed within five working days of the application closing date.
If there are no workshops in your area, sign up to our mailing list and we will send you details of future workshops once available.
BENEFITS OF THE LICENSE
Following successful completion of the Licensee Training session, you will become a Silver Swans Licensee. This entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes
- use the Silver Swans Licensee logo
- have access to the marketing toolkit where you will find a range of resources to help you promote your classes
- have your contact details listed on our global map
- buy Silver Swans dancewear at a discount.
Silver Swans is a registered trademark of the Royal Academy of Dance in the UK, European Union and the USA and an unregistered trademark in other territories. Only Silver Swans Licensees are eligible to deliver Silver Swans classes and use the brand name and logo.