Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8000 teachers registered with the RAD.
From $275 per year
Join our global community by completing and returning one of the following forms:
- RAD Registered Teacher application form
|RAD Registered Teacher||Teacher recognized by mutual agreement|
|Teaching registration certificate||YES||NO|
|Dance Gazette magazine||YES||YES|
|Focus on Members magazine||YES||YES|
|Focus on Exams magazine||YES||YES|
|Access to the Members' Area||YES||YES|
|JobSearch International ™||YES||YES|
|Included in teachers online search||YES||YES|
|RAD Canada Shop||YES||YES|
|Selected International events||YES||YES|
|Selected International courses||YES||YES|
|Vocational Graded Examinations*||YES||YES|
|Advice on managing your business||YES||YES|
|Enter candidates for RAD exams||YES||YES|
|Register your school as an RAD exam centre||YES||YES|
|Use of initials RAD RTS||YES||NO|
|Use of the RAD collective mark||YES||NO|
|Attend the AGM and have voting rights**||YES||YES|
|Apply to be an Associate of the RAD (ARAD)**||YES||YES|
|Priority booking for international events||YES||YES|
|RAD Canada Library access||YES||YES|
|RAD Health Insurance Plan||YES||YES|
*From Advanced Foundation upwards.
**Terms and conditions apply.
Subscriptions will run until August 31, 2019.
ELIGIBILITY criteria for RAD registered teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
Current Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (Level 3) (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancer's Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- Master in Teaching (Dance)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (PGCE:DT)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
Previously Offered Programmes:
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Programme (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a Teaching portfolio.
PATHWAY TO RAD REGISTERED TEACHER STATUS (RTS)
This new course is aimed at teachers with a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher, or equivalent, and RAD RTS status will be conferred on successful completion of each of the course modules.
Read more about the Pathway to RAD RTS.
Code of conduct
If you need further information, or have any questions, contact the Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416.489.2813, ext. 222 / toll-free: 1.888.709.0895.