Delivered primarily by distance learning, the CBTS has been designed to meet the needs of those who wish to become registered Royal Academy of Dance teachers while studying and working in their own town or city.
The CBTS is organized around:
- Ballet knowledge, understanding and skills for teaching
- RAD syllabus and preparing candidates for examinations
- Health and Safe Practice
- Teaching Practice and Theory, including planning and class management demonstrated through a mentored Practical Teaching Placement
- Managing a Career as a Freelance Dance Teacher
- One, 10-day intensive study period
In order to be eligible to apply for the CBTS, applicants
should be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program and hold
the minimum RAD Intermediate, or equivalent ballet qualification. Prior Teaching Experience is required.
The Closing Dates for those applying to the January 2015 program are as follows:
23 May 2014 (with video submission) and 21 July 2014 (without video submission)
For more information about other Royal Academy of Dance distance learning programmes, please click here.