Full details of the Membership By-laws are contained in the Charter of the Royal Academy of Dance, copies of which can be obtained from the Membership Department at the RAD/Canada office.
All members should be aware of the following:
- Membership payments are due on the 1st of September each year.
- Only Full members with Registered Teacher status may enter candidates for examinations.
- Existing members who fail to pay at the due date will have their membership lapsed, and will not be eligible to receive any publications or benefits until payment is received. Members with Registered Teacher status will lose their eligibility to enter candidates for Royal Academy of Dance examinations. As well, any lapsed Registered Teachers wishing to renew their teaching membership after a year of inactivity will incur a $50 administration fee in addition to the annual membership subscription.
- Examination candidates do not require Affliate or Full Membership to enter a Vocational Graded Examination. However, discounted examination fees will be available to students who do hold Full membership.
- Examination candidates who are not members of the Academy at the time of application for an examination will not be permitted to backdate their membership application to obtain the discounted rate.
- Existing members who wish to resign must given written notice. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members with Registered Teacher status who request their status to be suspended are not eligible for a refund or any part of their membership fee.
- Members who have been awarded a FRAD, Fl Chor., LRAD, or ARAD must hold current membership of the Academy to use the initials after their name.